The Association of Rotational Moulders of Southern Africa (ARMSA) was established in 1992 by a small group of enthusiastic rotational moulders and suppliers with the objective of growing the rotational moulding industry.
One of the most important responsibilities of ARMSA is to assist the industry in setting standards and maintaining (wherever possible improving) the quality of rotationally moulded products.
The alignment of ARMSA with ARMO (the Global organization) has played an important role in information sharing and benchmarking.
At this point in time the main activities of ARMSA are as follow:
- Hosting an Annual Conference where emphasis is placed on gaining valuable knowledge to educate and ultimately stimulate the industry. Each year an attempt is made to ensure the papers are current, relevant and informative.
- Facilitating the annual “Student Design Awards Competition”, which is sponsored by SASOL Polymers.
- Focusing on “Special Projects” as the need arises of which the most significant current project being the establishment of the Tank Standards with the SABS.
- The ARMSA committee continuously works on identifying new projects, which they believe will benefit the industry. Some of the more recent projects include material dry flow testing, rotational moulding training and one of the latest projects being research in alternative heating (more information to follow shortly).
- All members of ARMSA bind themselves to the ARMSA Code of Conduct and should any irregularities occur the ARMSA committee reserves its right to act accordingly.
An added benefit to all paid up members of ARMSA (if paid before 31 December each year) is that they receive copies of the RotoWorld and SA Plastics Composites & Rubber magazines.
We sincerely hope that you find that your affiliation with ARMSA adds value to your business and that we will continue to develop the rotational moulding industry.